When my baby was 3 months old, he started appreciating shapes, music and sequences. That’s when I noticed that he liked certain animated musical TV shows for his age and everytime he seemed uncomfortable and unable to fall asleep on his own, I put those programs for him.
If you are a first time mommy or just had another baby, I hope this list helps you find what kind of animations and sounds your baby likes and enjoys.
- Elmo’s World Christmas Holiday
- Super Simple Songs-TreeTop Family, Episodes 1 to 8
- Baby Shark Song, also from Super Simple
- Baby Einstein Classical Music
The above list works wonders!
How about 6 to 12 months old?
My little one loves the following tv shows:
Karate Master the musical
Tomato the musical
2. Elmo short stories
3. Super Simple Songs “This is the way” series: It teaches how to get dressed, how to take a bath, brush teeth etc…
4. Super Simple Songs “If you’re happy”
5. Super Simple Songs “Apples and bananas”
6. Super Simple Songs “Open/ Shut”
This list could continue, but these are the basics that might help you understand the likes and dislikes of your baby and will also contribute to his/her learning of language, manners and daily activities.
💁♀️By the way, I don’t let my kid watch tv alone all the time. I sit with him and dance, say words and make sounds out loud for him to imitate and learn while watching the shows. Sometimes I do leave him in his play pen while I do chores, but not the whole day.
What about lullabies? Oh yes! I haven’t forgot. I personally discovered a list on You tube of a few Super Simple Songs’ for bedtime and my boy loves them too. It also helps him understand that it’s time to sleep.
Here’s the link:https://youtu.be/VNzRAjbs204
If you found this list helpful, I’d love to know!